Welcome to the Fair Haven After School/Lunch Wave Book Club. We will need to come up with a better name once we start meeting regularly! This group will meet on Wednesdays for the after school program from 3:00 - 5:00 and on Mondays during your lunch wave (12:45 - 1:15). We will meet in the Library Media Center. Our first book will be The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. Before beginning the book, let's learn about the author and what motivated her to write this important book.
The Hate u Give by Angie Thomas
Reflection Topics and Questions
These are topics for you to think about. We may ask you to record your response on Flipgrid or we may discuss the topic in more depth during book club. Please spend time reading, listening and reflecting on all topics. Our Book Club discussion will be rich and interesting if you invest your intellect and energy!!
- AFTER you watch the above interview with author Angie Thomas, go to FLIPGRID and record your reaction to the interview.
- What is Angie Thomas's hope for people who read her book?
- Who was Oscar Grant
- What is the significance of the title of the book?
- How does the author feel about Tupac Shakur?
- What is the significance of Tupac Shakur's poem "The Rose that Grew from Concrete"? Listen to it here.